What do you need to know when you call 911?
June 11, 2013 - Posted by GJPD | GJPD News, The Insider on The GJPD Patrol | Emergency Medical Service, Emergency service, Grand Junction Colorado, Medical, Medical emergency, Public Health and Safety
1 Comment »
Information Straight From The Source
This is the official blog of the Grand Junction Police Department.
In today’s world, information flows at lightning speeds, and the desire for news is constantly growing. With that in mind, the Grand Junction Police Department is committed to providing you information and updates, straight from the source. We will use this blog to keep you informed of interesting cases, important safety information, community events, and general news involving this department. Please make sure to enter your email address and follow this blog so you can receive instant updates anytime we post something new.
More information about the Grand Junction Police Department can also be found on our website: www.gjcity.org/GJPD.
Contact Us:Main Number:970-549-5000
- This blog is updated and monitored by Police Information Coordinator Kate Porras and Community Relations Coordinator Katie Berland.
Listen To Our Podcasts
Sexual Assault Prevention ClassThe GJPD offers a class designed for older teens and young adults to teach them how to avoid becoming a victim of sexual assault and what to do if they or someone they know is a victim. Type Preventing Sexual Assaults in the search bar above to get more information.
Follow Us on TwitterMy Tweets
- #TeamFire took the lead & became champions of our Heroes Behind the Badges Blood Drive.Together #Police & #Fire received 380 donations! 8 hours ago
- RT @mesacountycrime: Proud to be helping bring this event to our community! Parents and teens are encouraged to attend together. FREE,... h… 1 day ago
- Recent rental scam to hit Grand Junction located at 2908 1/2 Walnut Grand Junction, CO 81504. #GVCopBeat #MesaCounty ow.ly/KZJYs 1 day ago
- Annabelle Lively, a 5th grader from Dos Rios Elementary was appointed Chief of Police for a day. Read about it here: ow.ly/KU8xh 4 days ago
- Combined between POLICE & FIRE, 322 people have donated #Blood for the Heroes Behind the Badges Blood Drive. Last event: Tmrw @ GJPD 11-1pm 4 days ago
Follow Us on Instagram
Top Posts & Pages
- Rental Scam in GJ--Know Before You Sign #GVCopBeat
- Update to Crash at Hwy 6&50 and 25 Rd #GVCopBeat
- Update #3 to Hwy 6&50 and 25 Rd Crash #GVCopBeat
- Grand Junction Police Officers Arrest "America's Most Wanted" Fugitive #GVCopBeat
- Nine Suspects In Custody After Investigation By Drug Task Force; Two More Are Wanted #GVCopBeat
- Man Wanted In Connection With December Drug Bust & February Incident in Molina Arrested #GVCopBeat
- 5th Grader Appointed Chief of Police for a Day because of Kind Letter
- 12 People Arrested In Drug and Money Laundering Case; Investigators Looking For 4 More #GVCopBeat #PolTwt
- Scam Alert: GJPD Takes Reports On 2 Different Scams Hitting The Area Recently #GVCopBeat
- Western Colorado Drug Task Force Arrests Five People for Illegal Drugs and Guns #GVCopBeat
Our Policy On Posting Comments To This Blog
Thank you for your interest in the programs and services of the Grand Junction Police Department. We strive to be as transparent as possible so we appreciate your desire to participate in two-way communication with us.
A healthy dialogue is a good thing! Comments that relate to the topic at hand, whether you agree or disagree, are encouraged and appreciated. If your comments are appropriate and relevant, they will remain on our page. If you post a comment that appears to be based on misinformation or incomplete information, we will respond as quickly as possible to answer questions you may have or provide more data, details or specifics.
Respectful disagreement is fine, but abuse is not! You are more than welcome to air your disagreement with us - we know not everyone will agree with everything we do or everything we post. All we ask is that you keep your posts respectful and civil. We will not tolerate language that is abusive toward the Grand Junction Police Department or the City of Grand Junction, its employees, or toward anyone who comments on our page. If your posts are offensive, denigrating, insulting or unrelated to the topic, they will be deleted.
Posts that will be deleted include:
• Language or innuendo that is profane in nature;
• Content that is sexual in nature or links to sexual content;
• Content that is rude including personal attacks on anyone’s character or appearance;
• Content that in any manner promotes discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual identification or orientation, or national origin;
• Solicitations of any type;
• Content that could be considered illegal or that promotes illegality;
• Content that could compromise safety;
• Content that violates the legal rights or interests of any person.
Opinions expressed by visitors to this blog do not reflect the opinions of the Grand Junction Police Department.