What do you need to know when you call 911?
June 11, 2013 - Posted by GJPD | GJPD News, The Insider on The GJPD Patrol | Emergency Medical Service, Emergency service, Grand Junction Colorado, Medical, Medical emergency, Public Health and Safety
1 Comment »
Information Straight From The Source
This is the official blog of the Grand Junction Police Department.
In today’s world, information flows at lightning speeds, and the desire for news is constantly growing. With that in mind, the Grand Junction Police Department is committed to providing you information and updates, straight from the source. We will use this blog to keep you informed of interesting cases, important safety information, community events, and general news involving this department. Please make sure to enter your email address and follow this blog so you can receive instant updates anytime we post something new.
More information about the Grand Junction Police Department can also be found on our website: www.gjcity.org/GJPD.
Contact Us:Main Number:970-549-5000
- This blog is updated and monitored by Police Information Coordinator Kate Porras and Community Relations Coordinator Katie Berland.
Listen To Our Podcasts
Sexual Assault Prevention ClassThe GJPD offers a class designed for older teens and young adults to teach them how to avoid becoming a victim of sexual assault and what to do if they or someone they know is a victim. Type Preventing Sexual Assaults in the search bar above to get more information.
Follow Us on TwitterMy Tweets
- GJPD Launching Public Survey- Asking For Community’s Thoughts On Police Service in GJ #GVCopBeat wp.me/p14vpb-L8 49 minutes ago
- #Crime #Free #Housing class coming up for property owners & managers, it's free, reserve your spot today! #MesaCounty http://t.co/ndbp1wYbq2 2 days ago
- 8th graders from #MesaCounty had the opportunity to attend a career fair @ColoradoMesaU today. We were happy to join! http://t.co/RYS3CreEbS 4 days ago
- Check out this great, FREE, upcoming class for property owners, managers and maintenance staff. http://t.co/RsWkFrC6P0 4 days ago
- Update: Patterson Rd North of Mesa Mall Open Again After Crash Investigation #GVTraffic #GVCopBeat wp.me/p14vpb-L5 4 days ago
Follow Us on Instagram
Top Posts & Pages
- GJPD Launching Public Survey- Asking For Community's Thoughts On Police Service in GJ #GVCopBeat
- 12 People Arrested In Drug and Money Laundering Case; Investigators Looking For 4 More #GVCopBeat #PolTwt
- Multiple Crashes In GJ Affected Traffic This Morning #GVCopBeat
- Update: Video and Photos of Bank Robber Released #GVCopBeat
- Nine Suspects In Custody After Investigation By Drug Task Force; Two More Are Wanted #GVCopBeat
- Update: Patterson Rd North of Mesa Mall Open Again After Crash Investigation #GVTraffic #GVCopBeat
- Skimming Devices Found in the Grand Valley
- Past and Present Come Together for a Conviction
- Update to Patterson Rd Crash: Lanes North of Mesa Mall to be Closed Temporarily for Further Investigation #GVTraffic #GVCopBeat
- JFK Secret Service Agent Continues to Serve in GJ
Our Policy On Posting Comments To This Blog
Thank you for your interest in the programs and services of the Grand Junction Police Department. We strive to be as transparent as possible so we appreciate your desire to participate in two-way communication with us.
A healthy dialogue is a good thing! Comments that relate to the topic at hand, whether you agree or disagree, are encouraged and appreciated. If your comments are appropriate and relevant, they will remain on our page. If you post a comment that appears to be based on misinformation or incomplete information, we will respond as quickly as possible to answer questions you may have or provide more data, details or specifics.
Respectful disagreement is fine, but abuse is not! You are more than welcome to air your disagreement with us - we know not everyone will agree with everything we do or everything we post. All we ask is that you keep your posts respectful and civil. We will not tolerate language that is abusive toward the Grand Junction Police Department or the City of Grand Junction, its employees, or toward anyone who comments on our page. If your posts are offensive, denigrating, insulting or unrelated to the topic, they will be deleted.
Posts that will be deleted include:
• Language or innuendo that is profane in nature;
• Content that is sexual in nature or links to sexual content;
• Content that is rude including personal attacks on anyone’s character or appearance;
• Content that in any manner promotes discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual identification or orientation, or national origin;
• Solicitations of any type;
• Content that could be considered illegal or that promotes illegality;
• Content that could compromise safety;
• Content that violates the legal rights or interests of any person.
Opinions expressed by visitors to this blog do not reflect the opinions of the Grand Junction Police Department.