The 2014 JUCO World Series is about to get underway, which means it’s a very exciting time for Grand Junction. It also means there will be a whole lot of cars in and around Suplizio Field for the next week. To keep this a fun and safe event, we have some reminders for people trying to get to the games:
- Get there early– parking is on a first come, first served basis, so get to the stadium early if you want to park in the Lincoln Park parking lot.
- Please be considerate– make sure your vehicle is between the lines and only take up one space.
- If the sign says no parking, don’t park there.
- If you choose to park on a nearby neighborhood street, make sure you aren’t blocking a driveway or fire hydrant. Residents need to be able to safely enter and exit their driveways.
- As each night game ends, all lanes in the Lincoln Park parking lot will become exit only lanes- no cars will be allowed into the parking lot. That means parents need to make arrangements to pick up kids at a nearby location away from the stadium.
- There is a great shuttle bus system that is free for anyone with a JUCO pass or single game ticket. Get more information about the route and times.
- Pedestrians- make sure to use designated crosswalks. Traffic control devices will be set up along North Ave to prevent people from crossing in the middle of the street.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. That way you know if the drivers are aware of your presence before you step into the roadway.