The Grand Junction Police Department and Mesa County Sheriff’s Office are working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to investigate massage parlors in the City of Grand Junction and surrounding Mesa County. On Tuesday, June 17 the FBI, with assistance from the GJPD and MCSO, executed federal search and seizure warrants as part of an ongoing criminal investigation.
The investigation centers on massage parlors where prostitution and possible human trafficking is suspected of taking place. Part of the ongoing investigation will be to determine where the prostitutes are coming from, and whether these women are unwillingly being trafficked from city to city.
The four locations involved in today’s operation are:
- New Hong Kong Spa (333 North Ave. Unit #18)
- Oriental Spa (2925 North Ave.)
- Tokyo Spa (2912 North Ave. #2)
- Balanced Healing Massage and Spa (3198 F Rd. Suite 106)
The investigation, which is led by the FBI, also includes the following agencies:
- Grand Junction Police Department
- Mesa County Sheriff’s Office
- Western Colorado Drug Task Force
- Colorado Trafficking and Organized Crime Coalition
- Colorado State Patrol
- Department of Homeland Security
- Internal Revenue Service
The investigation is continuing and we’ll provide more information as it becomes available.