The Grand Junction Police Department is investigating two separate robberies that we believe are unrelated. Both happened overnight from October 13-14.
The first robbery happened at approximately 8:30 p.m. in the 1300 block of North Ave., one block east of CMU.
Three people, one of whom was armed with a gun, approached two CMU students. The armed suspect demanded money, the students complied with the demands, and the suspects ran from the scene. No one was hurt.
The suspects are described as:
- Suspect 1 (armed suspect)- Hispanic male, 5’8” tall, approximately 170 pounds, wearing dark clothing with a flat rimmed baseball style hat
- Suspect 2- male, wearing dark clothing and blue jeans
- Suspect 3- female, wearing a white hooded sweatshirt and dark sweat pants
- The suspects were last seen in a mid to late 1990’s, white SUV.
We believe the second robbery happened around midnight the same night in the area of S. Redlands Rd. near Mount Sopris Dr. The victim said he was walking in the area when he passed two men. The victim heard the men yelling at him, and when he turned around one of them pointed a gun at him while the other punched him. They then took his backpack and some personal items.
The suspects in this robbery are described as:
- Suspect 1- white male, approximately 5’9″ tall, with facial hair, wearing a dirty black baseball cap and backpack
- Suspect 2- black male, approximately 6’1″ tall, with facial hair, wearing a black beanie
- Both men appeared dirty and “scraggly”
If you have any information about either of these robberies, or saw any suspicious people or activity in the areas described, please call the GJPD at 970-242-6707 or report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers online or by calling 970-241-7867.