Popcorn, baseball and the summer sun–what an exciting time for Grand Junction. The 2015 JUCO World Series is about to begin, and the fun shouldn’t be ruined because of parking issues. With all of the excitement, it is important to remember the following tips if you are planning on attending. There will be a surplus of cars in and around Suplizio Field during the JUCO games and this summer. To keep this event fun and safe:
- Get there early– parking is on a first come, first served basis, so get to the stadium early if you want to park in the Lincoln Park parking lot.
- Please be considerate– make sure your vehicle is between the lines and only take up one space.
- If the sign says no parking, don’t park there.
- If you choose to park on a nearby neighborhood street, make sure you aren’t blocking a driveway or fire hydrant. Residents need to be able to safely enter and exit their driveways.
- As each night game ends, all lanes in the Lincoln Park parking lot will become exit only lanes- no cars will be allowed into the parking lot. That means parents need to make arrangements to pick up kids at a nearby location away from the stadium.
- Pedestrians- make sure to use designated crosswalks. Traffic control devices will be set up along North Ave to prevent people from crossing in the middle of the street.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. That way you know if the drivers are aware of your presence before you step into the roadway.