Suspect Arrested After Threatening to Shoot Officers #GVCopBeat

Posted on

WILKINSONAt approximately 1:00 on Tuesday morning, officers with the Grand Junction Police Department were dispatched to a report of an intoxicated male in the area of the mall.  The victim stated that when he returned to his vehicle after getting off of work, he found an unknown subject had locked himself in the victim’s vehicle.  The suspect demanded the victim’s keys and threatened to kill him.  The victim stated he felt he was in imminent danger, and he stated be thought the suspect appeared to be under the influence of drugs.

When officers arrived on scene, the suspect was outside of the vehicle.  The suspect backed away from the officers and refused their commands.  Further, the suspect was yelling at the officers, making statements such as, “You are fake cops,” “I have a gun,” and, “I’m going to kill you.”  While making these statements, the suspect was holding something silver and reflective in his hand–at one point, raising it and pointing it at the officers.  This object was later found to be a silver, metal lighter, fashioned to look like a small handgun.

After continuing to ignore commands from the officers, the suspect attempted to run.  After a short foot pursuit, officers apprehended the male and attempted to place him into custody.  The suspect continued to resist officers and was subsequently tased.  Once in custody, the male suspect, identified as Eric Wilkinson, 29, was transported to the hospital for medical evaluation.  At the hospital, Wilkinson continued to make violent threats towards officers.  A search of Wilkinson’s clothing revealed a hypodermic needle, which Wilkinson stated was “for meth.”

“Police officers in Grand Junction, and all across the country, find themselves in similar situations with alarming regularity,” said Chief John Camper, of the Grand Junction Police Department.  “The restraint demonstrated by these officers is commendable, and we should all appreciate the gravity of such a decision. These officers would have faced intense scrutiny and criticism had they chosen to use deadly force, yet the decision not to use deadly force carries significant risk had this turned out to be a real gun. It’s a shame that the current national discussion on law enforcement use of force places officers in a no-win situation. In contrast to the narrative we so often hear portrayed, these officers, like most officers all across the country, showed incredible restraint, a willingness to try de-escalation and less lethal force, and a commitment to protecting life.”

Ultimately, Wilkinson was arrested and remanded to the Mesa County Jail on the following charges:

Felony Menacing (F5), Misdemeanor Menacing (M3), Criminal Attempt (aggravated robbery for attempting to steal the victim’s keys by threatening his life) (F4), 1st Degree Criminal Trespass of Auto (F5), Theft (M3), Obstructing a Peace Officer (M2), and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (DPO).

6 thoughts on “Suspect Arrested After Threatening to Shoot Officers #GVCopBeat

Jaynie Searcy said:
    March 3, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Hi,

Just wondering, aren’t there charges for threatening to shoot an officer?

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 12:13 PM, The GJPD Patrol wrote:

> GJPD posted: “At approximately 1:00 on Tuesday morning, officers with the > Grand Junction Police Department were dispatched to a report of an > intoxicated male in the area of the mall. The victim stated that when he > returned to his vehicle after getting off of work, he ” >

GJPD responded:
      March 3, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Hi, Jaynie. Good question. The charge of Felony Menacing relates to the threats.

Daniel Ashurst said:
    March 3, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Way to go guys! I am sooo thankful for men of character in our community putting themselves in harm’s way to protect us. It’s obvious that this man could have just as easily had a gun and killed another of our brave men, like Officer Geer. I’m thankful that I don’t have to make such decisions on a moment’s notice. I’m sure the guy would be in the morgue. Not that I would want him to die, just such a touch and go situation that, after the horrible tragedy of Officer Geer would make anyone take a second thought about using lethal force before becoming another statistic. We are praying for all of you guys!!

Lori said:
    March 3, 2016 at 5:36 pm

The composure and professionalism shown by these officers is remarkable. Thank you.

Buffy Jo Robinson said:
    March 5, 2016 at 7:19 am

Why is it legal for Cops to kidnap our adult kids and force them to do illegal things as COP OPERATIVEs and then charge them as criminals? Why is it legal for Cops and position of trust and Power serial killer cunts to kidnap and kill our kids (Comodear them/us) like Vehicles to get into 1% er’s? Why if you try to go to them to give a Statement vs them kill your kids to be in your mouth/eyes, why do they refuse your statement? Why is Genocide of my Offspring Legal? What about Geneva Codes? Is it illegal to be a Newsletter Reporter speaking out against corruption and informing the public of Bad guy world in Mesa County? Why does this sentence my kids to Death? Why do Cops use Splits to Frame me for my Mineral Rights? I went through The Police Academy….why do you need serial killer cunt to operative for you against me, or as if on my behalf? Conflict of interest!!! Get the women out of me Cops!!! They are the problem!!! Not just part of the problem!!! They for real are worse than the nurses in Death Scene Films!!! They are Psychologists, Mental Health Workers, Department of Human Services Workers, Judges, and COP Operative Butterfly’s!!! Child Code Violators!!! Why do I Have to Pay Them settlement out of my Mineral Rights that I can’t Prove is worth anything due to a Gag Order set up by corruption to steal it??? When They are The Actual Murders of My Offspring they Stole Custody of and are in my mouth and eyes…???? I Became and Am Kryptonite AKA BJ#3 because of this!!!! I also tried to underground Railroad and Cops derailed it twice to prevent children from escaping death. But we never attempted to underground Railroad children of Legal ID yet! Why do you only want kids Dead Cops? I’m Not a Hells Angel….They just good tried to be a Good Simaritan in Regards to me, The ex Police Cadet….They bought me as a Good faith Back Off Payment to Mexicans…not to own. It’s Really to long a story to write here. Quit a Journey. But Mexicans got pissed and won’t let go cause of their spoiled Evil Butterfly’s!!! The #3 in my Artistic Pen Name signature is Number 3. Not, The 3rd. It’s not due to being a dependent. Mom Bore 10 kids, of all her kids 3 had The initial BJR. I’m just The Baby. So I’m #3. Of The BJs. Betty Jane Robinson is #1. Bert James Robinson is #2. Buffy Jo Robinson is #3. It’s How I sign my artwork for Mom to know which of her BJs it belonged to… The Kryptonite part of my Artistic Pen Name signature, is because that was my favorite song in July of 2000 when Dan, my child’s father/Judge Gurleys friend and I met. I never met judge Gurley myself, but herd Dan’s Back in The Day story’s…The name of The Newsletter if you look close isn’t Kryptonite… That’s my Artistic Pen Name. It’s Antibullshit Newsletter!!! Dan is Famous for say Bullshit is an Art form. The Best part about Bullshit is when it’s Busted!!! I tried to tell him his Bullshit is/was Busted…he wouldn’t listen. So I felt the Community could help convince him if they were informed of Dan Alan Johnson being a Hells Angel!!! And Potentially Judge Gurley being one…? The Sweet Heart Angels that Bodyguard me are obviously Not Dan who was/is with Corrupt Authority’s And Women Framing me for my Mineral Rights. They are my informants not just my Bodyguards!!! I’m teaching them Private Investigations and Police Academy Stuff of what I Remember. They won’t graduate to be Judge Joe Browns…but that’s what I call them!!!Due to The Standoff…I’ve actually never met them yet and don’t have their names!!! But am informed, I have them as mine for Life!!! Bert’s Bert Unckle Daddy Grandpa Bert…my Brother that had Custody of me when I was 11,12 and a little wile when I was 13…ask him who handled The Camera to Prove I might be this “Something?” Could it be he should have spanked vs got settlement? Any way I had Hells Angels check, and they say all kids mess up in puberty if not spanked at a younger age…good girls stop at age 13 without spanking. I did! I don’t go there as an adult wile awake. They must use Splits=magical clones. Not splits of my personality!!! Environment Environment Environment…. Judy,Marilyn,Andrea,….are Butterflys for real. Not Framed as like me. I would guess that would be the problem!!! They think they are (“just”) Butterfly’s I didn’t use to know. It took alot of investigating to find things out!!! **** I want a letter of Apology!!! Full Disclosure!!! All decisions Overturned!! Restraining orders of My choosing!!! Not a Judges!!! A Divorce from alledged family member victim’s other than my Offspring!!! All my Offspring returned!!! All settlements from my Mineral Right Returned to ME, not a Judge excetra!!! I want on my own Recognance…No one in charge of me, Custody or power of attorney or guardian adlidum!!! Because Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely!!! I want Restraining orders from all women/females except Offspring, Grandkids, and Daughter in laws, daughter inlaws to be and their Biological familys!!! I don’t want to jump through Hoops for The Serial Killers at DHS Child Slaughter Services, in Regards to my Offspring!!!! They are Not Better People to Judge Me!!! They kill other people’s kids…more than part of The Problem!!! How besides the Death Penalty for All Positions of Trust and Power, Do I Get My Privacy of Person and Paper Work Back??? They See through My Eyes…They see my Privacy of Paper Work!!! I have to keep telling them, Don’t Touch Inappropriately!!! Hells Angels say (“Don’t Eat Broccoli and Don’t drink Pepsi or the Women will give me a Broccoli Rug burn mustache.. “) apparently coke represent Red and White, Hells Angels. And Pepsi represents The thin Blue line and their Operatives. Broccoli Represents females. Carrots represent males. I don’t approve of these Food Nazi Rules but have watch out for them. I’m vegetarian!!! I tried vegan…too bland and more strict than vegitarian. I eat potatoes!!! Psychologists Women and DHS Women are screw loose,screw balls, malpractice quacks, with a conflict of interest!!! You don’t kill your clients Offspring!!! I tried a few times to figure out and make the food Nazi Rules work for me….Na!!!! It’s too complicated and the serial killer Women who COP Operatives come up with more and more shit… More than part of the problem!!!!***PS Alison Edward DHS ID not just a Cop Operative, but an Alkida Operative…cause she knows it all…according to her!!! She also has Slaughter houses of my offspring…(femma camp houses) to fall government and Cops by having them kill my Offspring to see in my eyes. Fucking Nazis!!!! Let my Children Go!!! Hells Angels take out Soals sometimes of those that advance on me… We’re as if you have questions… Certified letters from your attorney, that I can take to an attorney, through the US Postal Service would be Helpful!!! I use my sister’s Address 1615 Balsam Court, Grand Junction Colorado 81505 . my living address is Room 3 Mesa View Motel, Palisade Colorado. No I don’t have a Phone with minutes on it!!! Email below.

Buffy Jo Robinson said:
    March 5, 2016 at 8:28 am

Why aren’t DHS Workers and Psychologist Held accountable on Child Code? Why is Alison Edwards getting Terrorists in The eyes of ex military men when they don’t know what is declassified since their active duty. Isis, Alkida in ex special forces Viet Nam vets eyes…not only is their moto Libre De Oppressa…but also,an unofficial motto/rule of special forces is…if I Tell ya INgot!to kill ya! Not meaning to do with being a biker… It’s to do with American Military Service!!! Get that Bitch under control!! The Mexicans that are Detective Ricky Valdez’s sold a split ofmmyndead brother of Topmsecret clearance to Alkida to hurt me…He was/is Special Forces!!! I was told in Dream by military in 1994 when he died….Shhhh! Get The Women Out of me!!!! Do it Now!!!